PLEASE MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR THE EVENING OF 13 JUNE 2023 FROM 6:30 – 9 PM AS THE JACKSONVILLE ORCHID SOCIETY (JOS) CONDUCTS ITS MONTHLY MEETING.
BOTTOM LINE UP FRONT:
- JUNE PROGRAM – Brandon Silvester: “Air light and Water- Pulling back the veil on our three core cultural parameters.”
- RAFFLE TABLE – Purchase your tickets for a chance on quality orchids… Cheap!
- SHOW TABLE – please bring your blooming orchids for friendly judging.
- MEMBER ORCHID SALES Encouraged, contact Lorraine Conover for a table.
- MEMBER SILENT AUCTION OF TWO ORCHIDS IS ALLOWED
- NEW START TIME OF 6:30PM
Doors will open at 6:00 PM and the meeting will begin promptly at 6:30PM. Prior to the start of the meeting, please buy your raffle tickets.
June’s program will be a presentation by JOS member Brandon Silvester: “Air light and Water- Pulling back the veil on our three core cultural parameters.”
MEMBER ORCHID SALES:
MEMBER ORCHID SALES Encouraged, contact Lorraine Conover for a table. Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Individual JOS members may offer up to two (2) orchids for Silent Auction at this meeting. See the Silent Auction Plants Seller link below for additional information.
NOTE: If you sell your orchid or closely related product as an individual sale or via Silent Auction at a JOS event, you must elect to donate either 20% or 100% of the selling price to the JOS.
Please bring your blooming orchids for friendly judging.
Mandarin Garden Club
2892 Loretto Road
Jacksonville, FL 32223
The Jacksonville Orchid Society meets on the second Tuesday of each month (except in May and December) at the Mandarin Garden Club at 2892 Loretto Road, Jacksonville, FL 32223. The doors open at 5:45 pm. Guests and visitors are always welcome! If you decide to join after coming to a few meetings, membership is $35.00 for a family and $25.00 for individuals.
Doors open at 6:00 PM for set up.
6:00-6:30 PM Set up, vendor plant sales, silent auction, raffle ticket sales, snack
6:30-8:30 PM Business meeting/announcements/WORKSHOP
8:30 PM Member plant sales & Silent auction
9:00 PM Adjourn
Our General Meeting is a good time to ask questions from our expert growers and get tips for what to do when there is a problem. We cover a wide variety of topics including species and hybrids that are good to grow in this area, identification of pests and diseases, watering and fertilizing, and where to grow your orchids.
- Individual JOS members may offer up to two (2) orchids for Silent Auction at this meeting. See the Silent Auction Plants Seller link below for additional information.
- Links to JOS Sales Forms, Show Table Instructions, and interactive Show Table Forms are available below.
– Show Table Entry Form Instructions – ([https://bafea5.a2cdn1.secureserver.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/ShowTableEntryFormInstructions-1.pdf](https://bafea5.a2cdn1.secureserver.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/ShowTableEntryFormInstructions-1.pdf)) – This document provides background information about the Show Table Entry Form.
– Show Table Entry Form (Interactive) – ([https://bafea5.a2cdn1.secureserver.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/ShowTableEntryFormInteractiveRev1.pdf](https://bafea5.a2cdn1.secureserver.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/ShowTableEntryFormInteractiveRev1.pdf)) – This is an interactive version of the Show Table Entry Form.
– Silent Auction Plants Seller Sheet – ([https://bafea5.a2cdn1.secureserver.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/JOS-Silent-Plant-Auction-Form_071617.pdf](https://bafea5.a2cdn1.secureserver.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/JOS-Silent-Plant-Auction-Form_071617.pdf)) – This is the form by which JOS members can place their plants for Silent Auction.